2022 International Car Rental Show
ACRA co-sponsored the 2022 International Car Rental Show in Las Vegas on April 24 – 26 – and the Show was a tremendous success. ACRA partnered with Bobit Media to provide the first “regular” Show since the start of the pandemic. With over 800 registrants, a full trade show floor, and high attendance at almost every educational session, it is clear the Show – and the American car rental industry – is “back.”!
ACRA’s plenary session panel at the Show focused on how federal, state and local policymakers are coordinating the introduction of electric vehicles into the nation’s vehicle fleet in general and into car rental fleets specifically. Attendees heard from a panel moderated by ACRA President Sharky Laguana that featured Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV), Nevada Department of Transportation Planning Division Chief Kandee Bahr Worley, and Clark County Nevada Director of Sustainability Samantha Brown. A primary “takeaway” from the panel discussion is that coordination between the federal, state and local policymakers needs to improve and all stakeholders need more education on the potential demand for electric rental vehicles and the infrastructure necessary to charge those rental vehicles. EVs may be the “next big thing” in car rentals, but it became clear when hearing from the panelists that lots of questions need to be addressed and a lot more planning done before EVs will “arrive” on the rental scene in a big way.
The ACRA Board of Directors met during the Show in Vegas and reviewed ACRA’s federal and state legislative and regulatory priorities (EV infrastructure, vehicle data access, full expensing for personal property, and federal vehicular terrorism legislation). The Board voted to comment on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s proposed rule on disclosure of climate change policies by companies with securities regulated by the SEC (Attachment #1) – perhaps in partnership with other fleet associations.
ACRA President Sharky Laguana again entertained ACRAPAC contributors during the 2nd Annual ACRAPAC Reception at the International Car Rental Show by “tickling the ivories” for close to two hours on Monday evening. Clearly his talents attracted lots of attendees, as ACRAPAC raised over $13,000 during the International Car Rental Show – mostly in small contributions during the ACRAPAC Reception. That is almost double ACRAPAC’s “take” from last year’s Show and bodes well for future ACRAPAC Receptions at future Shows!
Despite the fact that many of us are just back from Las Vegas, don’t’ forget to mark your calendar for the 2023 ICRS – April 16 – 18, 2023 – back at the Paris Las Vegas. Don’t forget – the discount you receive as an ACRA member on your Show registration more than offsets your annual ACRA membership dues! So, join ACRA today and register for the 2023 ICRS in the near future!
ACRA Membership Activity
New Associate Members
- ACO Rent A Car, Sunny Isles, FL
- Driverge, Ada, MI
- Drivewey Technologies, Spring Valley, CA
- EcoClear Products, Inc.
- Hawkeye Claims, LLC
- Inter Insurance Agency Services LTD, Jericho, NY
- RecovR, Phoenix, AR
- RentlySoft, New Castle, DE 19702
- Ridecell, San Francisco, CA
- TOLLAID, LLC, Dallas, TX
New Regular Operator Members
- 24Seven Rent A Car, El Segundo, CA
- AAAM, MQ Martinique
- Allied Rent A Car, San Bernadino, CA
- Alwego, Martinigue and Guadeloupe
- Ameri Drive, LLC, Miramar, FL
- Cali Carshare, Long Beach, CA
- Caribbean Grown LLC, St. Thomas
- City Rent Car LTD, Tbiliski, Georgia
- Denver Auto Rentals LLC, Aurora, CO
- EFAY Rent A Car, Coral Springs, FL
- EV Rides, Denver, CO
- EZ Rental, NY
- GetGo Charter, Inc., Houston, TX
- Jasmyne Enterprises LLC, Las Vegas, NV
- Luxury Car Rentals of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
- My Car Rental, LLC, St. Thomas
- Naples Car Rental, Naples, FL
- OCARROL USA, Miami, FL
- Ontrac Rent A Car, Miami Beach, FL
- Orlando FPR Investments LLC, Orlando, FL
- PML /car Rental, Los Angeles, CA
- Premier Connections, Brooklyn, NY
- Premium Car Rental, St. Thomas
- Regal Ride Rentals, Katy, TX
- Rental Now, Huntsville, AL
- The Rock Fleet Mgmt, LLC, Naples, FL
- Stringless, LLC, Brooklyn, NY
- TAG OKC Inc., OKC, OK
- U-Save Car and Truck Rental, Miami, FL
- VRCG, Royal Oak, MI
- YiJun Tong, Henderson, NV
- Zeeba Automotive Group, Los Angeles, CA
Renewing Associate Members
- Alternative Claims Management
- Frontline Performance Group
- GMI Insurance
Renewing Regular Operator Members
- Avis Budget US Virgin Islands
- Denaro Motors, Rochester, MN
- Fox Rent A Car Corporate
- Tom Wood Think Inc.
2022 ACRA D.C. Legislative Conference
ACRA’s Board of Directors has scheduled ACRA’s 2022 D.C. Legislative Conference for September 19 – 21, 2022. To register for the conference, please go to www.acraorg.com. The conference’s schedule and details will be firmed up later in 2022 as we see what, if any, surprises the COVID pandemic has in store for us and whether Capitol Hill re-opens to in-person meetings. But sign up early to be sure of reserving your place for this popular and successful ACRA D.C. meeting.
Not a member of ACRA? We need you!
Join our effort and help make a difference!